Working on behalf of my client we are actively recruiting for a Transit Driver to join their growing team.
Van Driver or 7.5 Tonne Driver.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning routes, liaising with the office to ensure routes are well planned and economies are achieved.
- Loading vans and taking responsibility for customer orders, ensuring van is loaded with correct orders and that orders arrive with customers in high quality conditions
- Manage mobile invoicing system and ensure accuracy as well as liaising with accounts, following correct procedures as laid out by the accounts department
- Ensure cash balance is correct and be accountable for any discrepancies including making up the fall when appropriate
- Keep good records of deliveries and report back to accounts
- Obtaining signed receipts from goods delivered
- Be customer focused and manage customer expectations
- Carrying out regular checks on the van to ensure it is fit for the planned route, clean and in line with company vehicle policy.
- Ensure your appearance is neat, clean and tidy at all times and that you are wearing the uniform supplied as you are representing our company while visiting clients.
Ideal candidates will have previous commercial driving experience carrying out multi drop deliveries.
An advantage to those with Category C, C1 License and CPC certificate.
In return my client is willing to offer an excellent remuneration package with the opportunity of developing and growing within their business.