DEPARTMENT and JOB OVERVIEW
Our client is currently looking for a Demand & Order Analyst.
The Demand & Order Analyst sits within the Supply Team function, which is a wider team of 12. As a whole they deal with 100+ multi-geographical suppliers, managing a spend of roughly 150 million dollars per year.
They make products that support a prime product in one of our large UK facilities, which goes into articulated trucks.
This is a fast-paced environment with time sensitive work but will be incredibly rewarding.
- This position is responsible for preparing order schedules to fulfil product orders from the facility.
- Monitors the production plan and modifies as needed to maintain acceptable product availability and inventory levels.
- Supports data collection and analysis of actual results against business variables of the RBM forecasts such as sales to users, orders, shipments and factory and dealer inventory.
- Assists in the development of a plan and business case for critical review by Product Managers, materials, factory managers and marketing subsidiaries, explaining why this plan provides the best compromise to conflicting objectives.
- Adjusts RBM forecast for supply constraints such as machinery, equipment, manpower, etc. Supports the global S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) process and attends meetings with marketing subsidiaries monthly acting as SME.
- Supports data gathering for analysis of industry and dealer trends and helps assess risks and opportunities.
- 6 Sigma training is a key attribute to this position as worldwide historical statistics on sales Supports data gathering to provide availability administration including demand management, special order programs, responding to critical deals, quoting delivery for large projects, etc.
- Helps prepare scheduling proposals to accommodate special situations such as strike hedge plans or reviewing costs and consequences of layoffs, carrying inventory, using plant shutdowns, etc.
- Supports oversight and analysis and development of complex attachment forecasts utilizing the latest tools available to compensate for changes in dealer ordering behaviour.
- Monitors attachment inventory daily and develops schedules to achieve inventory turns goals while maintaining good availability on key attachments to compensate for order changes and diversions from stock inventory.
Skills and Experience - Essential:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot MRP, SAP experience preferable but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organisation, and communication skills.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing, inventory control.
- General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management.
Skills and Experience - Desirable:
- Experience in scheduling highly desired
- Data analysis experience in Tableau, PowerBI, Excel or similar
- College or university degree related to Supply Chain, or equivalent experience, is required.
- APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification - Advantageous but not essential
- Experience of LEAN and Six Sigma - Advantageous but not essential
The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.