Deputy Harbour Master
Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballycastle require a Deputy Harbour Master to join their team.
Role : Deputy Harbour Master
Location : Ballycastle
Hours of work : 37hrs per week ( Could be up to a maximum of 48 hrs at peak times )
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.50 p/hr 13 weeks £11.70 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and supervision of all activities of the Statutory Harbour Authority of Council Harbours, marinas and slipways at Ballycastle Harbour & Marina, Rathlin Harbour, Ballintoy Harbour, Dunseverick Harbour, Dairiada Harbour, Redbay Harbour, and Waterford Slipway.
- Daily management of Harbour and Marina areas in line with the Port Marine Safety Code and other relevant legislation.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request
Essential Criteria :
- 2 years experience in a marine environment including boat handling skills, understanding tidal conditions and radio operation.
- 1 years experience dealing with the general public.
- 6 months experience of handling cash, issuing receipts and preparing lodgements .
- 6 months experience of maintaining records for accounts purposes.
- Minimum of 6 months experience of working unsupervised.
- Must have a current full, Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post in full N.B *applies only to applicants who have a Disability Discrimination Act.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.