Deputy Princial Legal Adjudicators x 2
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit temporary Deputy Principal Legal Adjudicators x 2 to start ASAP for a duration of 6-12 months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00 per hour
13+ week's £19.37 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Law Degree
- Adjudicate on the merits of applications for civil legal aid;
- Ensure that an applicant satisfies the statutory criteria for the granting of legal aid;
- Manage staff dealing with certain categories of legal work;
- Provide a proactive customer focused, efficient and effective services to legal aid applicants and their legal representatives;
- Identify and agree quantitative and qualitative standards of performance;
- Prioritise work within the section to facilitate access to justice;
- Preparation of Case Notes for matters which are proceeding to the Civil Legal Services Appeals Panel;
- Draft or assist with the drafting of pre action protocol responses when the Agency is challenged by way of Judicial Review.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland