Deputy Principal Accountant
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with our Civil Service Client to recruit a temporary Deputy Principal Accountant to start ASAP for a duration of 5 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £14.50 per hour
13+ week's £19.37 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1 - with travel in NI required
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm) - Flexi may be available)
- Have successfully passed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the following bodies:
- Chartered Accountants Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland
Review and update the Departments Grant Administration Guide (GAG). This comprehensive guide provides guidance to staff involved in grant administration.
Progress work to centralise the Urban payment teams into two dedicated units including the alignment of processes which need to be adhered to.
Develop Capital Planning with the Housing Urban Regeneration and Local Government Group to support robust financial management.
Support the development of specific governance documentation and process development for a major capital expenditure project.
Management of the Urban and Local Government finance team
- *Post qualification experience will be deemed to have commenced from the date on which the Agency Worker was admitted to full membership of one of the professional bodies referred to at 1, having fully satisfied all the criteria for membership.
Experience with MS Excel and MS Word, good written communication skills.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland