Deputy Principal Accountant
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Deputy Principal Accountant to start ASAP for a duration of 12 Months
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £14.50 per hour
13+ week's £19.37 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm) - Flexi may be available)
- Have successfully passed the professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the following bodies:
- Chartered Accountants Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
Have at least a total of 2 years post qualification* experience, gained within the last 5 years in any one of, or combination of, the following categories:
preparing or auditing complete Annual Report and Accounts and /or Management Accounts;
preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and the allocation of resources;
developing, auditing or implementing large computerised financial systems.*Post qualification experience will be deemed to have commenced from the date on which the Agency Worker was admitted to full membership of one of the professional bodies referred to at 1, having fully satisfied all the criteria for membership.
Experience with MS Excel and MS Word, good written communication skills.
- To assist in the administration and provide support to the Directors of Harland & Wolff, including attending Chester Street Creditors meetings and Capita audits where required.
- To assess requests for approval of losses and seek approval at the appropriate level. Also to maintain the losses register.
- Ensure policies and procedures in regards to use of Government Procurement Cards are in place within the Department.
- Respond to any AQ's or FOI requests by stated deadlines and also complete any file reviews (as LIM) within the stated deadlines.
- To act as Divisional Risk co-ordinator and also co-ordinate Divisional returns in respect of Business plans.
- To act as lead in GDPR issues as required.
- To assist the branch in relation to Pay Remits, NFI, VAT queries, Asset Management Plan etc. where required To assist with other governance and finance tasks on an ad hoc basis within Financial Governance Branch.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland