Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Deputy Principal Legal Officer to start ASAP for 6 months with possibility of extension.
Pay rate: £19.76 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- A Solicitor, newly qualified or up to 2 years post-qualification experience
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify and assimilate relevant facts and evidence
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to organise own workload and deliver in a timely manner
- Enthusiasm and a keen, proactive approach
- The primary role of the Deputy Legal Advisor (DLA) is to act as support to the Principal Legal Officer (PLO), in the discharge of the PLO's functions of progressing inquests to hearing and representing the interests of the Coroners with regard to satellite litigation arising from challenges to coronial decisions.
- The main duties of the role include:
- Assist with inquest preparation, including the preparation of inquest materials, briefs to counsel and witness bundles
- Review disclosure provided from a range of sources in order to identify any issues and prepare draft summaries of same
- Prepare briefings and reports under the direction of the PLO
- Correspond with external stakeholders to ensure cases are being advanced in a timely manner and in compliance with Coronial direction
- Legal research
- Maintain case files in line with office policy and procedure
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen O'Hara will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**