Deputy Principal Legal Assistant / Legal Advisor
Role: Deputy Principal Legal Advisor / Assistant Advisor
Pay rate: £20.66 - £22.16 per hour
Location: Health Protection Branch
Work from home and occasionally may be required to work in Castle Buildings (not often)
Hours: standard 9-5 Monday-Friday. On occasion, be required to work outside these hours
- Assist team in responding to correspondence and briefings for Department of Health regarding the international travel regulations and other covid regulations as required
- Attend cross UK departmental meetings to represent NI policy on international travel matters
- Liaise with Departmental Solicitors Office and other stakeholders regarding drafting of International Travel and other regulations and amendments
- Assist other staff who are supporting Junior Crown Counsel with the provision of detailed responses and document searches regarding judicial reviews of the Covid travel regulations
- Other ad hoc tasks as maybe required
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
- Qualified solicitor
- General legal background and experience of working with interpretation or drafting of regulations
- Good level of computer literacy and Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word and Outlook ( training will be provided in specialist areas).
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A good working knowledge of TRIM
- NICS experience drafting submissions and Correspondence
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kim Martin will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.