Deputy Principal Legal Officer
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Deputy Principal Legal Officer to start ASAP for 6 Months
Pay rate: £19.76 per hour
Hours: 9am to 5pm; Monday to Friday
- A qualified solicitor or barrister who currently holds or is entitled to hold a certificate to practice in the jurisdiction of Northern Ireland
- 3 years post qualification experience
- Formulate and oversee the maintenance of the company's legal assistance and casework, in line with the company's overall policies.
- Ensure the development of systems and processes to ensure effective handling of applications for legal assistance from the company within financial and strategy criteria.
- Ensure the appropriate procedures, controls and structures are in place for the effective, efficient management of casework and monitor their outputs and outcomes.
- Undertake and manage legal research and produce recommendations to government for legislative change.
- Formulate and oversee the maintenance of the company's strategic approach to the selection and conduct of formal investigations.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen O'Hara will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**