Deputy Principal Legal Officer
Role: BESL / Deputy Principal Legal Officer
Rate of Pay: £20.66 - £22.16phr
Location: Cromac Avenue, Belfast
Duration: 51 weeks
Hours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
To provide legal input to producer responsibility and waste policy to develop legislation and implementation.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Interpretation of International and EU requirements for waste, and development of policy and legislative options to ensure NI compliance with these requirements.
Review and input to policy instructions and drafting of regulations.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting NI, UK, and EU legislation.
- Experience of analysing, interpreting, and making legislation personally or as part of a team.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team to develop and implement policy.
- An understanding of the machinery of government in NI, UK, and EU.
- Experience in the field of waste or environmental policy
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kim Martin will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**