Deputy Principal Legal Officer - LSA
Staffline working in partnership with our client, a leading public sector body are seeking to recruit a Deputy Principal Legal Officer based in Belfast.
The role will involve:
- Adjudicating on the merits of applications for civil legal aid; responsibility for the granting and issue, or refusal of either limited or full civil legal aid certificates.
- Take decisions as appropriate as the discharge, revocation and reinstatement of Cvil Legal Aid Certificates
- Assisting the business mananger in order to acheive the objectives of LSA's Corporate and Operational Plans and contribute to the preparation of the Agency's Annual Report
- Assisting the Principal Legal Advisor in providing the Agency resposne to legal challenges, including the briefing of counsel
- Responsibility for providing advice and guidance to legal representatives on legal aid matter
- Preparing the intial responses to all Pre Action Protocol letters against the decisions of the Agency where the matters realte to challenges against the decision in respect of Civil Legal Services
- At times liasing with the orginal decision maker within the Representation Higher and Lower Teams.
- Possess at least a 2:2 Honors degree in Law
- Be a Solicitor, or Barrister entitled to practice in Northern Ireland
Candidates will aslo be required to complete a Basic Level Security clearance before commencement.