Deputy Scientific Process Manager
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Wastewater Deputy Scientific Process Manager to start ASAP for a duration of 6 months
Pay rate: £15.42 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours
- Provision of advice and support to the Wastewater Services Operational staff (Asset and Networks) on wastewater treatment process and optimization, network odour issues, pollution incidents, compliance with Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) Water Order Consents, UWWTW, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Liaise with Trade Effluent (TE) Section to reduce the impact of discharges to the sewer that may have effect the Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Preparation of Exceedance Investigation Reports and tracking progress of recommended remedial actions
- Lead role in developing and implementation of Energy Efficiency initiatives at WwTW's their area
- Liaison with and advice to colleagues and consultants on capital works schemes
- Provide advice on PPC permits and collect PPC data for reporting purposes
- Production of reports to advise and inform management on wastewater compliance and treatment issues
- Assist Wastewater Scientific Process Manager where required in matters relating to compliance, Energy Efficiency, NIEA responses
- Access Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) as required to interrogate sampling schedules and analytical results for reporting purposes
- Generate samples reports/results, such as field manager results, survey results etc.
- This post holder will be responsible for the management of one Level 6 Wastewater Scientific Officer
- The post holder will be responsible ordering of equipment/services while ensuring the section remains within budget
- A HNC/HND/Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant Scientific or Environmental subject AND 2 years' experience working in a scientific role within a Wastewater Environment
- Demonstrable understanding of the role of scientific advice/management with regards to regulatory compliance for wastewater.
- Demonstrable understanding of the operation of a Wastewater Treatment Works
- Demonstrable knowledge of the basic analyses carried out in a wastewater laboratory
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications
- A full driving licence and access to a reliable means of transport
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, a member of the team will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.