£30,000 to £35,000 DOE
Working with the relevant lead engineer, the Design Engineer will be responsible for the development of new and maintenance of existing designs, within defined timescales.
- Provide engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- Produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to screens.
- Follow Group standards of in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing
- Follow Group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- To investigate and address Customer Complaints in a timely manner.
- Drive standardization of components and sub-assemblies within screening products
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering, ideally with design experience.
- A minimum of 1 year post graduate experience in a similar role.
- Competent user of 3D Solid Modelling CAD, ideally Pro-Engineer and familiarity with Product Data Management (PDM) systems
- A good understanding of the various applications that the equipment can operate in along with an appreciation for the expected performance of the machines.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Jordan McMaster on 02890 323333
The Staffline Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.