Design Officer (Mechanical)
Temporary Design Officer (Mechanical) required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £15.36 per hour
Location: Belfast city centre
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday (09:00-17:30)
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To carry out all assigned duties as to ensure optimal performance and the achievement of the unit's financial and operational targets
- To represent the Property Officer (M&E) as required
- To be responsible for the production, updating, storage and archiving of timely and effective mechanical designs in the agreed CAD format
- To prepare drawings and specifications for mechanical maintenance and refurbishment work in properties, infrastructure and related equipment
- To ensure all mechanical designs promote sustainable and renewable energy usage and to incorporate all relevant statutory provisions and industry standards
- To assist in the development of design briefs
- To carry out on-site inspections of the design during the construction phase and to assist in the management of the design change process
- To prepare contractual documentation and to assist in the evaluation of tenders and quotations
- To liaise with external consultants and contracts to co-ordinate and validate design work
- Ensure the production of accurate "as-installed" drawings for all properties
- To carry out pre and post inspection site visits at all assigned properties
- To ensure all risk assessments required are produced in a timely and comprehensive fashion
- To assist in quality assurance processes in respect of externally-produced design work
- To assist in the development of planned maintenance processes and programmes at all assigned locations and to update property management software as appropriate
- Compilation of Building Log Books
- To keep under review new developments in the field of mechanical design and make periodic recommendations for improvements
- To represent the section on corporate groups and participate in working groups, project teams and other ad hoc groupings as directed
- A third level qualification in a relevant subject such as a Higher National Certificate in Building Services Engineering (Mechanical) or equivalent qualification AND be able to demonstrate one year's relevant experience in a consulting mechanical engineering environment
- Have a NVQ Level 3 qualification in a mechanical building services discipline such as BTEC National Certificate in Building Services Engineering (Mechanical) AND demonstrate two years relevant experience
- City & Guilds Level 2 qualification in Computer-Aided Design 2D or equivalent qualification
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.