Digital Content Officer
Staffline are recruiting on behalf of our Public Sector client, for a Digital Content Officer on a temporary basis based in Antrim.
Role: Digital Content Officer
Rate of Pay: £12.95 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Main Purpose of the role:
The Digital Content Officer will support the delivery of the Council's Marketing and Communications Strategy. This post will shape and drive the Council's online content and digital presence, via proactive development and engagement across existing and new online channels.
The post holder is responsible for digital content creation and management to increase the impact and raise the profile of Council Services. This will support the delivery of our Digital Roadmap which aims to increase and engage users through compelling digital content.
- Develop, manage and update content for the current website, working with the various content owners to understand priorities, and apply branding, copy-edit and proofing
- Use the content management system and Google Analytics to analyse website traffic and user engagement around content metrics and optimise content across all channels
- Shape and manage online content and engagement touch points across publishing, web and social media channels to ensure they are effective
- Work with the Communications and Marketing team to develop, manage and evaluate annual content plans - making necessary adjustments when required
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing team to produce high-quality visual content, including video, photos and graphics ensuring that all content distributed aligns with our standards and guidelines
- Assess the effectiveness of content used on social media channels and recognise patterns and trends in a range of data and draw key conclusions to help improve digital communications for the Council
- Coordinate small-scale digital content projects, liaising with stakeholders to gather requirements and understand needs, before working with the wider team to suggest solutions and guide them to completion
- Work in conjunction with GIS and IT sections to deliver integrated projects
- Respond to requests from various stakeholders, providing specialist content advice to deliver the information they require
- Communicate with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders on area of specialism to ensure they have the specialist information that they need
- Ensure copy is written and edited to the Council's style and exacting standards of accuracy
- Ensure content adheres to appropriate policy and legal requirements, and that necessary checks happen before publishing
- Act as a lead delivery resource on project work streams related to online content activities to support project delivery to time, cost and quality standards
- Identify opportunities to deliver creative and engaging content as part of wider communications campaigns
- Undertake any other duties as allocated in keeping with the grade of the post.
HND or equivalent relevant qualification at level 5 on the Qualifications Framework
Consideration may be given to those who do not hold the above qualification but who can demonstrate 2 years as set out below.
1 years' experience in a Digital Marketing role to include:
- Devising and delivering social media campaigns
- Producing high quality content across multiple channels
- Experience of working in a marketing/ communications environment.
- Experience of implementing content led marketing strategies and content planning.
- Experience of implementing online monitoring tactics to drive web traffic including search, online media, social networking and email.
- Experience of working with a variety of Content Management Systems.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.