Digital Marketing Assistant (6 Months Minimum)
Digital Marketing Assistant (Minimum 6 Months)
Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Digital Marketing Assistant for a company in the leisure and tourism industry. Reporting to the Web and Digital Manager, the Digital Marketing Assistant will be supporting the wider marketing and communications activity of the organisation, promoting Belfast as a top European tourism destination in line with the marketing strategy and objectives as set out in annual business plan.
- Provide support to the Marketing and Communications Department in the planning and development of marketing and campaign activity in the main markets of Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and Great Britain.
- Assist the Digital Team in the planning and development of website and social media content, email marketing, blog posts and content.
- Collate, edit and maintain online event listings and offers ensuring that it is accurate, up-to-date and refreshed on a continuous basis.
- Source, proofread and edit content for blog posts including themed and seasonal activity, top monthly events and campaigns.
- Assist with email marketing activity including the creation of weekly and monthly consumer ezines, as well as maintain, cleanse and grow mailing lists.
- Assist in developing and generating promotional packages, including competitions, sales promotions, web-based offers and discounts from partners, for publicity across campaign and marketing platforms.
- Assist with the evaluation and monitoring of digital activity and campaigns using tools such as Google Analytics.
- Assist with social media activity, as required.
- Provide administrative support to the Partnership Team as required, including at partner events.
- Support the Marketing and Communications team in the development and maintenance of effective working relationships with partners, sponsors and industry as appropriate.
- Liaise effectively with other departments to ensure consistency of information across the organisation.
- Ensure comprehensive Belfast and Northern Ireland product and campaign knowledge is fully developed and maintained, keeping abreast of all new products, initiatives, events and festivals.
- Represent and be an ambassador for the Belfast brand, its essence and values and implement accordingly within all tourism communications and marketing promotions.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, including English and Maths.
- Relevant university degree in marketing, communication, advertising, digital or travel and tourism.
- Experience of developing creative or marketing content.
- Experience of writing and proofreading content to a high level of accuracy.
- IT literature and internet competent - experience of using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good creative skills with an ability to develop ideas.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well within a team.
- Strong administration, analytical, planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience of creating digital content such as websites, blogs and ezines.
- Experience of using Photoshop or other image editing software.
- Ability to demonstrate good knowledge of digital marketing such as website management, writing for the web, email marketing, social media marketing and search engine optimization.
The successful Digital Marketing Assistant will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Digital Marketing Assistant role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.