Digital Print Operator
We are currently recruiting for a Digital Print Operator to join the team for one of our clients based in Ballymena, the leading provider in the area for digital and traditional print.
Job Description and Duties
The production floor is busy and no two days are the same. Therefore you will be expected to manage your own workload and prioritise jobs. Most of the time you will be able to work on your own initative whilst supported by the rest of the team. You will operate the digital presses with speed and accuracy, making sure to follow the details for each job on the system, ensuring that the correct paper stock and weight is used every time. Also, ensuring the quantity printed matches the customer requirements to maximise efficiency and minimise waste.
The role also involces:
- Running the company's Xerox Iridesse Production Press efficiently and to the highest possible standard
- Managing the workload to maximise uptime
- Keeping the machine well maintained and work area clean and tidy
- Providing additional support in other departments such as finishing
- Excellent eye for detail
- Ability to multi- task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Knowledge of print production practices and processes
- Reliable, trustworthy and conscientious team member
- The digital presses are Xerox machines, so familiarity with a Xerox setup would be an advantage, but not essential.
- With experience on the HP Indigo essential, the candidate should be a Level 2 or above IX000 press operator who has an eye for detail and able to work to timescales.
- Experience as a Print Finisher would also be a benefit but not essential as training will be given
Training will be provided on all systems, so if you are a quick learner with a real eye for detail you will be a great addition to the production floor.
Hours of work
- Monday to Friday : 0900 -5.30pm
Rate of Pay
- £9.00 per hour - £12.00 depending on experience
Job Type- Full time, Temporary (Potential for Permanent)
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.