Director of Development
At Staffline Recruitment we are currently working on behalf of a prominent Dublin private education institute. They are seeking to recruit a Director of Development to take up a pivotal role within their organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation with a strong history and passion for providing educational excellence while fostering an ethos where all students and staff are respected and valued.
Reporting to the Headmaster and Board of Management the purpose of this role will be to lead the college's development, financial and administration strategies with a strong focus on fundraising and evaluation of new revenue sources. The successful candidate will possess a proven track record within a fundraising environment and have the ability to proactively engage and build relationships with donors, alumni and other relevant stakeholders.
Also key to the position will be the management of the College's administration, facilities and finance teams ensuring agreed strategies, targets and policies are achieved.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Headmaster in identifying areas of development, both short and long-term, to satisfy the needs of the College
- Manage the administration of the College's fundraising activities
- Direct the research, evaluation and selection of new revenue sources
- Manage and co-ordinate fundraising partner agreements and associated payment schedules
- Input into the marketing strategy of the College to prospective parents and students
- Provide the Board and Headmaster with sound financial guidance on the College's financial strategy so as to ensure the College, its students and staff gain maximum benefit from the financial resources available
- Provide financial oversight of the College's revenue making assets, providing recommendations to the Headmaster and Chair of Finance on potential savings with expenditure and new revenue streams
- Lead the preparation and adoption of the College's annual budget, including issuing of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports to the Headmaster and the Board (and the Finance Committee)
- Ensure legal compliance in all financial activities of the College
- Provide leadership to the Administration team and non-teaching College staff
- Assess professional development requirements of the Admin team, and ensure staff receive regular and appropriate professional development.
Applicants will meet the following requirements:
- 5 Years + experience at senior management level in a relevant large non profit, educational or commercial environment
- Proven track record in a revenue generation / management position
- A strong knowledge of marketing and fundraising techniques
- Proven negotiation skills in both securing new revenues and controlling costs
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong budgeting, forecasting and performance measurement knowledge and experience
- Strong e-communication skills including the use of social media channels, e-payment models, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced presentation and interpersonal skills
- A passion for education and driving success in a collaborative manner
This is permanent post will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
To be considered, please send an up to date version of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
For further information or to discuss this opportunity in confidence, please call Laura on 086 1409232.