Director of Operations - Public Sector
At Staffline Recruitment we are currently recruiting for the position of Director of Operations for our client, a prominent public sector body based in Dublin City Centre.
The purpose of this role will be to take responsibility for leading the development of the organisation's operational capabilities and for meeting organisation's service delivery commitments in respect of programmes, processes and services.
The role will ensure that the necessary human and business resources are in place, well organised and agile in meeting the business need.
The post holder will provide operational and strategic leadership in representing and driving excellence and efficiency in service on behalf of our customers.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Oversee the management of the day to day operations of the Directorate
- Ensure the service model and delivery applied is customer focused and reflects a strong commitment to service excellence
- Ensure that internal and third party delivery and performance is actively monitored and managed
- Ensure that key commitments are subject to clear deliverables, standards and metrics
- Ensure that data and feedback driven analyses are applied to delivery outputs, processes and systems and promote continuous improvement
- Lead in the active consideration and management of risk to service delivery and provide for service continuity
- Ensure that a coherent, integrated approach is applied in respect of business planning, operational management, programme management and project management
- Bring strategic vision and leadership to the remit: realistically and critically appraising performance, orientation and changing context
- Work proactively and constructively with peers and organisational leadership in developing and aligning business capability and delivery that is consistent with strategic objectives
- Actively promote and address coherent arrangements for customer and key stakeholder engagement
- Effectively participate in and support service development at organisational level. Actively promote broader service development and alignment opportunities.
- Provide credible, agile and open leadership, support and challenge to direct reports
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practice and commitment to a customer experience of service excellence and
- Manage all necessary processes to procure excellent staff, resources and services
- Plan for continuity and succession in key roles
- Ensure the Directorate leadership are equipped with a clear understanding of requirements and expectations; are developed, supported, performance managed and valued as Pobal employees, leaders and representatives
- Encourage innovation and change when and where it is needed
- Ensure credible and effective relationships are established and maintained with sponsors, business partners, customers and stakeholders
- Ensure that staff adhere to company policies, standards and procedures
- Ensure that corporate requirements and processes are met
- Ensure adherence to the highest standards of health and safety and to all internal policies and procedures whilst supporting a positive environment for occupational safety, health and welfare and employee well-being
Interested candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of staff and functional management in busy, complex and dynamic operational environment(s)
- Personal application, critical thinking and presentational capability as represented through a third level qualification to Level 8 or higher on the National Framework of Qualifications, or
- Whilst experience and performance track record are key determinants, ideally would have additional professional development and / or qualification relevant to the remit (e.g. in business, finance, management, service development / delivery, process improvement, project management)
- Experience at management level within a wider leadership team
- Significant experience in staff development and performance management
- Proven track record in service planning, delivery and improvement
- Strong experience of cross-business delivery management
- Evidence of the production of high quality reports and written materials
- Excellent and effective communicator (written and oral)
- Proficient in use of MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint; Microsoft Dynamics CRM; SharePoint and
- Resilient with ability to flourish in the management of a busy, complex and dynamic operational environment
- Constructs a coherent and clear strategic vision for remit
- Structured, organised, flexible and adaptable in approach
- Excellent ability to prioritise and manage competing demands
- Instils confidence and resilience in others
- Enthusiastic, pragmatic and motivating
- Confident and approachable / assertive as required
- Knowledge of workings of the community / voluntary / public sector will be desirable
This post will be initially offered on a 4 (four) year fixed-term contract basis. A salary scale of €83,879 to €100,044 per annum will apply to this role.
To apply for this position, please send an up to date version of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link.
The closing date for applications will be Friday 22nd January 2021 at 12.00pm