Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Grafton Specialist division have been retained by a superb client who are seeking a Director of Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting strategic and policy objectives, leading the day to day production, risk analysis, continuous improvement processes and developing new product and processes.
- Responsible for managing and mentoring of the VSLs, Supervisors, and other professional staff
- Drive improvements of quality, delivery and cost
- Provide input and recommendations for the identification and selection of improvement projects
- Communicate safety, quality, delivery and cost related objectives in a way that motivates the team to achieve them
- Interface effectively with other business leaders to achieve overall goals using shared resources
- Work with Design and Implementation teams on manufacturability, capability, and reliability reviews
- Manage labour availability to complete work load and work to enhance cross-training for increased labour flexibility
- Assist in data collection and analysis for new business opportunities
- Monitor departmental budgets and assist in defining annual operating and capital budgets.
- Maintain and support the ISO9001-based quality system
- Assist in achieving Policy Deployment and Strategic Plan objectives and participate in monthly PD reviews.
- Drive "best practices" in all areas of responsibility
- Assist in the development of the strategic plan in support of area
- Define manufacturing requirements for suppliers
- Support key account and other special customer requests
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (physical science / engineering) or in supply chain, logistics, operations/production management or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of Operations Management experience in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of one experience leading an organisation from the beginning of their lean journey - preference for multiple plant experiences.
- Working knowledge of various manufacturing processes with preferences for assembly, injection moulding, SMT production, CNC, plating and / or machining
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools
Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing a must
- Mechanical skills / abilities preferred
- Excellent presentation skills
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.