Assistant Legal Advisor / Dispute Resolution - Non Profit Organisation
At Staffline Recruitment we are currently working in partnership with a not for profit organisation with Dublin City Centre offices. This organisation is committed to providing information, advice, education and outreach programmes in relation to consumer rights within the EU and are currently seeking a motivated candidate to take up the position of Dispute Resolution Advisor.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent Law Grad or Law Student seeking to gain experience in consumer law and the workings of the European Institutions. Full training will be provided.
The Assistant Legal Adviser will support the Legal Advisor with day-to-day operations and is responsible for providing in-house support and advice in relevant legal matters, in particular consumer protection law and regulatory compliance, when called upon to do so. The successful candidate will also take an active role in assisting with the complaint handling function of the organisation, supporting a small but busy team of out-of-court dispute resolution advisers to provide an efficient and effective service to the public.
Key day to day responsibilities:
- General office administration (e.g. data entry, dealing with post, etc)
- Dealing with queries from the public and directly responding to such queries via email and over the telephone
- Offer general advice to assist the consumer to resolve their complaint
- Liaise with senior colleagues on more complex queries
- Undertake relevant research to assist in dispute resolution
- Participate in pan-European projects in the area of consumer law
- Contribute to the public relations and marketing function of the organisation
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Third-level qualification in a relevant discipline (eg law)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills MS office applications.
- Strong team player with the ability to also work alone and to tight deadlines;
- Highly organised, detail and results oriented and self-directed
- Experience in delivering quality customer service
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience in and knowledge of consumer affairs issues / consumer law an advantage
- Knowledge of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms
- Familiarity with the EU institutions
- Knowledge of an additional EU language(s)
This role will be offered as a 12 month contract and immediate interviews will be held for suitable candidates. A salary of €24,255 will be on offer to the successful candidate.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment using the enclosed link.