The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
To fully understand and implement legislation including the Dogs (NI) Order 1983, the Dangerous Dogs Order, the Litter Order (NI) 1994, The Street Trading Regulation Act, relevant Council By-laws and other relevant legislation in so far as it relates to the functions of the post. To create, develop, deliver and review educational programmes and publicity materials in relation to all aspects of the functions of the post, aimed at schools, community groups and individual ratepayers.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Grade C or above in at least 4 GCSEs or equivalent, one of which must be GCSE English Language or equivalent and one of which must be a GCSE in a numerate subject or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 months previous experience in a related environment eg enforcement, dog handling
- In lieu of qualifications, you must have at least 1 years' experience in a related environment eg enforcement, dog handling
- Experience of carrying out investigations and preparing reports
- Be able to demonstrate competence in the use of Microsoft office applications including email, spread sheets, databases
- Excellent communication skills to include proven ability to deal with difficult customers
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a busy office environment
- Ability to work under own initiative with minimum, direct, supervision
- Hold a full valid driving licence and have access to transport to meet the requirements of the post
- Have access to a mode of transport that will enable the post holder to fulfil the role in full (it should be noted that the post will involve travel across the district on a regular basis)
- Able to work outside normal office hours
- Rates of pay £9.25/£9.50 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.