Donor Administration Assistant
Band 2 Donor Administration Assistant required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: NIBTS, Belfast
Hours: 30 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will handle telephone calls from blood donors wishing to make appointments to donate. This will include dealing with eligibility queries and updating donors' electronic records.
In addition to office duties, administration duties will be carried out at blood donation sessions throughout Northern Ireland. The post holder will travel with other staff to various locations (transport will be provided).
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responding to telephone queries, from donors, members of the public and other departments.
- Making appointments for donors, using the Pulse database
- Registration of donors and updating of donor's electronic records, maintaining accuracy at all times.
- Providing administrative support across Donor Services Department.
- Data input
- Other duties as required. Blood Donation Sessions
- Assisting colleagues in the setting up, and taking down, of session equipment e.g. tables, chairs, laptops and printers. Moving cages.
- Advising donors of the process, where required.
- Cleaning of equipment at session.
- Input of donation outcomes at mobile donation sessions, using a laptop.
- Reconciling documents/donation labels used at a mobile session, maintaining accuracy at all times.
4 GCSEs (or equivalent) to include English, at A - C level
Flexible approach to working hours as shifts vary during the week e.g. 10:00 - 17:00 (office), 10:00 - 21:30 (donation sessions). It is not possible to give a definite end time when working on a donation session. May be required to work on Public Holidays.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.