We are delighted to be working with Wrightbus, Ballymena who are have been at the forefront of transport innovation since 1946 relentlessly pushing the boundaries with its commitment to quality, style and safety.
At Wrightbus, it is never just about getting people from one place to another; it was always about getting the world to a better place. From promoting economic growth to reducing traffic congestion to making transportation more equitable for all. The Wrightbus group is on a new path of innovation and environmental consciousness under new leadership. And now, with the development of the world's first zero-emissions double deck hydrogen bus, they are on their way to ensuring a brighter future for the next generation.
An excellent PERMANENT opportunity has opened up for a Driveline Operator
- Responsible for the fabrication of complex assemblies, sub-assemblies and Safety Critical parts on a driveline chassis.
- Ability to interpret complex parts and assembly drawings.
- Be capable of following verbal instructions.
- Able to move between several distinct operations whilst maintaining high quality workmanship and overall efficiency.
- Responsible for the fitting/assembly of Chassis components to the client's Quality standard during the production process.
- Work to strict Production timings on a production line.
- Undertake cosmetic and functional quality checks and identify improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for the safe operation of plant equipment and or hand tools associated with the manufacture or fitting process.
- Responsible for the compliance with the company's health and safety policy and procedures ensuring the workshop policies are being adhered to.
- To participate actively in continuous improvement teams.
- Must be prepared to work overtime when requested by management,
- Must be willing to undertake training provided, and train others when required in all activities associated with the post, or introduction of new working practices or engineering changes.
- Staying away from home on occasions will be necessary to meet the requirements of the role.
- Completing basic administrative tasks, filling in company forms or documents, WMPs.
- You will ensure that your work area is maintained in a safe and tidy manner.
- Time served in relevant discipline e.g. Fitter, Mechanic, Plumber (Written confirmation required) or 4 years chassis experience
- Extensive experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate ability to read engineering drawings
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to undertake training or provide as required
- An awareness of general Health and Safety rules
- Proven ability to be flexible, working overtime and changing shift patterns as required
Hours of Work:
- 4 day week
- Monday to Thursday 7am -5pm
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those shortlisted