My client bases in Dublin City Centre have great opportunities for a driver/regulator.
Driver Regulator / Cleaner for my client based in Dublin City Centre.
- Full clean driving licence B licence.
- While adhering to safe working procedures at all times, the ability to consistently achieve or exceed productivity targets on an ongoing basis is key to the role. Such targets are subject to periodic change and review with the demands of the scheme.
- Must know Dublin City well in terms of traffic routes.
- Capable of repeated manual handling tasks during shifts.
- Basic proficiency with IT systems.
- Previous experience in a cleaning role would be advantageous.
- Available and flexible with regard to the demands of the job and possible rotas which can cover early morning, night, weekend and Public Holidays and remain subject to change.
- Good customer service attitude and ability to deal with situations in a polite manner at all times.
- Competent and capable of working alone for extended periods while consistently hitting targets in what can be repetitive work.
- Safety conscious, reliable, trustworthy, honest and punctual.
- Excellent spoken English communications skills and capable of taking instruction over mobile phones/radio.
- An interest in cycling and bike maintenance would be an advantage.
This section describes many of the likely activities in which the Field Service Agent will be involved. While not an exhaustive list it's designed to give you a feel for the nature and possible scope of the work.
- Regulation of the number of bikes at stations.
- This basically involves moving bikes from full stations to empty stations with a view to improving the distribution of available bikes and free bike stands.
- Recovering bikes from outside stations as necessary.
- Utilise IT systems to make informed decisions in the field.
- Navigate in an optimal manner between locations.
- Cleaning bike stations including terminal, stands, bikes and surrounding area.
- Carrying out basic maintenance and safety checks on your vehicle and bikes and recovering any bikes with issues to the Technical Centre.
- Communicate effectively with and follow instructions from your Supervisor and the Call Centre. Report trends and any station issues back to base, as well as any incidents including driving accidents.
- Provide on street support to the Call Centre.
- Adhering to all SOPS and Safety Guidelines, including wearing PPE at all times.
- Driving with due care and attention at all times and showing courtesy to other road users and pedestrians.
- Support the cleaning rota for the public Way Finding Scheme and carrying out repairs.
- Present yourself in a clean and professional manner at all times.
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary.
- 26 days holidays per year