Temporary Driver/Labourer required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.01 per hour
Location: Charlotte Street, Belfast
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 1 month pending review
- To report daily to line manager for instructions, work to routes, schedules and rotas, complete and return all relevant paper work and collate any data and information (manual or computerised) and present reports as specified by Management
- To report to management any accident, incident or equipment defect following required procedures including the completion of all required documentation in an accurate and timely fashion
- To convey members of a sweeping squad to and from their routes and from the area depot daily and to assist with sweeping
- To load the vehicle with sweeper's rubbish, bags etc., remove bags and awkward household rubbish from passageways and entries etc., assisting labourers and other operatives with heavy items and other rubbish
- To cleanse free standing and pole mounted litterbins on route
- To wash the truck daily
- To adhere to appropriate driving guidelines - driver daily checks, accident procedure and drivers' procedures, etc.
- To observe all servicing instructions issued and complete all duties involved. This includes, but is not limited to, changing and adjusting brushes, cleaning and adjusting water jets
- In the event of a breakdown, to notify the Transport Supervisor and / or the Fleet Management Unit immediately
- To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and any authorised passengers. Also to ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded. To safely manoeuvre the vehicle on the daily route, including prioritising cleansing routine according to levels of littering encountered.
- To use safely all equipment, tools, etc provided to perform the relevant function and ensure that they are in good condition at all times.
- To provide on-the-job coaching/training to any employees of the Cleansing Service.
- To take part in all required service, departmental and corporate training activities as required including instructing other operatives in the use of plant and vehicle equipment
- To ensure that all work is carried out to the required service standards
- To operate any collection system as required including bin lifts and tail lifts
- To use radio and other telecommunication facilities
- Possess a full current 'C1' category driving licence
- Possess a full, current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing specific examples, relevant experience in each of the following three areas:
- driving in a commercial environment;
- cleaning an outdoor area, making sure tools and equipment are safely used in accordance with health and safety regulations; and
- dealing with members of the public in person
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.