Drop In Coordinator - Belfast City Centre
Drop In Co-ordinator
Belfast City Centre
£21,525 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Drop In Co-ordinator on a permanent full-time basis, located in Belfast City Centre. Hours are 37.5 per week and you will normally work Monday - Friday between 8am and 6pm although some weekend and evening work may be required in line with operational requirements.
Our client is one of Belfast's most well-known charities that help people affected by homelessness providing a range of potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of the homeless community in Belfast.
- As part of the management team, you will lead a team of support workers responsible for the day to day running of the Drop In, providing immediate and ongoing support to both homeless and vulnerably housed people, many of whom have complex and multiple needs.
- You will have particular responsibility for ensuring the team are working with a harm reduction approach, meeting the basic needs of our client base, ensuring the services operate effectively as an assessment and multi-disciplinary support hub for all as well as a place where our client group can participate in meaningful activities, training to sustain accommodation and socialise in a safe and welcoming environment.
- You will also work with the assistant manager to ensure the smooth running of the female accommodation service.
- 2 years' experience delivering services to people who have complex needs and can be challenging and/or hard to engage i.e. mental health, alcohol and drug use, rough sleepers etc.
- 1 years' experience of working within the homeless sector
- 1 years' experience of leading teams
- Experience of implementing policies and procedures
- Experience of multi-agency and multi-disciplinary work
- Good understanding of the nature of good leadership
- Knowledge of working in a Harm Reduction way
- Knowledge of planning and coordinating services
- Knowledge of good practise in support planning and managing risk
- Sound knowledge of user involvement and meaningful activities
- All round knowledge of issues affecting homeless people including those specific to females
- Sound knowledge of agencies available to clients in the statutory and voluntary sector.
- Understanding of the purpose and implementation of policies including:
- Equal Opportunities
- Health and Safety
- Grievance and Disciplinary
- Confidentiality and Data Protection
- Ability to be solution focused, to lead a team and work on own initiative, remain calm in crisis situations and work effectively under pressure
- Highly competent in the use of IT packages to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to organise and prioritise own/others workload and manage time effectively
- £21,525 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.