DROP IN SERVICE MANAGER
DROP IN SERVICE MANAGER
£31,009 - £34,729
37.5 hrs per week
We are seeking a unique individual with strong leadership skills who is passionate, resourceful, empowering, and committed to making a real and lasting difference to the lives of homeless people.
As part of our management team, you will enable people who are homeless and vulnerably housed to make the transition from homelessness to home.
Our service provides a place where homeless and vulnerably housed clients can have their immediate and ongoing support needs met, participate in meaningful activities, and socialise in a safe and welcoming environment.
You will have experience leading a team, working in a trauma informed environment with people who have complex needs.
You will be an individual able to deliver high quality services working within our high tolerance, low threshold ethos.
In return, we will provide onboarding and induction training, professional supervision - being part of a team where your views count and where you can change lives
Main Duties and Tasks
You will be responsible for the management of the Drop In services, leading a team of co coordinators and support workers. The team provides a safe, welcoming and social environment delivering support services, training and meaningful activities.
- PROVIDE A SERVICE
- PROVIDE SUPPORT
- BUILDINGS MAINTENANCE & CLEANLINESS
- HEALTH & SAFETY
- RISK MANAGEMENT
- MONITORING THE SERVICE
**Full breakdown of key responsibilities available upon request
· 2 years' experience of delivering support to marginalised groups
· 1 years' experience of managing teams
· 2 years' experience of delivering support to people with complex and multiple needs
· Experience of developing and co-ordinating services
Education & Knowledge
· NVQ level 4 qualification in a relevant area of work or an equivalent qualification
· An understanding of issues relating to homeless and vulnerably housed people
· An understanding of 'meaningful activities' aimed at enhancing homeless people's ability to sustain accommodation and integrate within the wider community.
· An understanding of good practise in providing Drop In and emergency accommodation for homeless people
· Proven experience of support planning and managing risk
· An understanding of effective multi-agency and multi-disciplinary partnership working
· An understanding of the purpose and implementation of policies such as Diversity and Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, GDPR and Safeguarding
· An understanding and commitment to working within, high tolerance, low threshold and harm reduction support services
· Experience of trauma-informed and strength-based support
· Experience of homeless peoples' rights (e.g. benefits, housing, access to health etc.)
· Experience of working with of Supporting People compliance i.e. Quality Monitoring Tool or Quality Assurance Framework in relation to emergency accommodation.
· Excellent knowledge of homelessness policy, practice and research.
· Able to set and meet targets
· Experience of using data & client management systems
· Able to collate statistical information and produce qualitative and quantitative reports
· Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Can make decisions and is solution focused.
· Able to remain calm in crisis situations
· Able to multitask and work effectively under pressure
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to work on own initiative and across teams
· Highly competent in the use of IT packages to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Friendly, approachable, highly motivated and resourceful
· passionate about reducing the numbers of people experiencing homelessness
· Committed to advocating for and raising awareness of the issues homeless people face
· Committed to personal and professional development
· Non-judgemental with the ability to empathise
· Resilient and aware of self
· Satisfactory enhanced Access NI check
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890 242824 ext 404 / 07826064920 or via email email@example.com
STAFFLINE MEDICAL are a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.