Drop-In Support Worker - Belfast City Centre
Drop-In Support Worker
Belfast City Centre
£19,032 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Drop-In Support Worker on a full-time permanent basis located in Belfast City Centre. You will need to be fully flexible to cover a variety of shifts that will include evenings, weekends and unsocial hours on a rota basis.
Our client is one of Belfast's most well-known charities that help people affected by homelessness providing a range of potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of the homeless community in Belfast.
- As part of a team of Support Workers you will be responsible for the daily management of the Drop-In service providing immediate and ongoing support to both homeless and vulnerably housed people many of whom have complex and multiple needs
- You will, have responsibility for meeting the support needs of vulnerably housed clients, ensure the Drop In operates effectively as an assessment and multidisciplinary support hub for all, as well as a place where the client group can participate in meaningful activities, training to sustain accommodation and socialise in a safe and welcoming environment
- 6 months experience working in a homelessness environment OR 6 months experience working with people with complex needs OR relevant experience or skills that would be transferable to the post
- Ability to develop Needs Assessments and Support Plans and manage a Key Worker case load
- Able to manage challenging individuals and situations
- Knowledge of benefits relevant to single homeless people
- Understand the need for confidentiality
- Understanding and commitment to working within our ethos of High Tolerance, Low Threshold services.
- Understanding of issues involved in working with homeless people
- £19,032 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.