Ideally the suitable candidate should have an Accounting Technician qualification and 5 years work experience. A background in the construction or engineering industry would be an advantage but is not essential.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of office accounts and administration. The role requires a highly organised, energetic, and efficient person who can coordinate the diverse responsibilities of the role and is willing to work as part of a team.
The working hours for this role would be Monday to Friday 9 am- 5.30pm, with an early finish of 4pm on Fridays.
The general administrative duties associated with the role would be as follows:
- Assist with the roll out and updating of the company service management software.
- Take control of service-related documents and contracts via the service management software.
- Logging customer emergency service calls and responding within the required response time.
- Work closely with key customers to manage their accounts, from ordering parts right through to sales order processing.
- Addressing new inquiries and generating subsequent quotations.
- Liaising with our field service engineers, staff members and suppliers.
- Scheduling service call outs.
- Scheduling planned preventative maintenance visits to customer sites.
- General office administration including booking accommodation and training courses.
- Keeping training databases up to date.
- Assist with health and safety policy and procedures.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by management that are within your capability to perform.
Accounts side of role:
- Computerised accounts using Sage Line 50
- Customer invoicing
- Maintaining accounts receivable and account payable ledgers
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Customs & excise knowledge would be advantageous
- Knowledge of CIS UK (filing) would be beneficial but is not essential.
- ROS and HMRC filing of VAT returns
- Accounts preparation and liaison with accounts team for audit
- 5 years' experience is essential for this role.
- Knowledge of SAGE 50 is preferred.
- Ability to work on their own initiative.