Job Title: East Down Energy Advisor
Temp/Perm - Permanent role, full time
Working days and times - Monday to Friday 8.30am start. Usually finishing at 5pm but must be available to work to 9pm 3 nights per week between Monday and Thursday.
Salary - OTE £28k - £32 (£18,500 basic + commission) + car (branded)
- The main purpose of the role is to promote the benefits of Natural Gas to unconnected domestic properties in the East Down License area by responding to sales leads and generating additional opportunities through a series of structured field canvassing activities.
- To identify, through cold calling, additional opportunities to promote the benefits of Natural Gas.
- To identify alternative opportunities where PNG can engage positively with perspective customers.
- To respond to inbound and to make outbound telephone calls.
- Present and sell the benefits of converting to Natural Gas to potential domestic clients in the East Down area.
- Complete a minimum of 5 appointments per day.
- Be available to work a minimum of 3 evenings per week (last appointment 20:00pm).
- Use Company resources to prepare action plans and identify specific targets.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare and submit daily paperwork to a high standard.
- Identify and resolve customer concerns.
- Record and submit accurate daily activity.
- Conduct field canvassing activities in line with departmental requirements.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Engage professionally with members of the public and talk knowledgeably about the benefits of natural gas.
- To persuade unconnected householders to consider the benefits of natural gas and progress any enquiries by registering interest in Phoenix Natural Gas.
- Identify sales prospects and contact in a timely fashion.
- To answer questions posed to them and understand how to overcome initial householder apathy.
- To carry out all duties compliantly and in line with training offered to include full use of sales scripts and relevant statements.
- There will be occasional need to attend specific industry events to represent the company and promote the benefits of natural gas.
- Communicate new opportunities and provide feedback to appropriate company staff.
- Participate in marketing events such as trade shows, field canvassing, telemarketing etc.
- Have a professional appearance and portray a positive image of the Company.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
This is an overview of the job as it is presently constructed. This will be periodically reviewed and updated to ensure that the job description fully reflects the level of duties and responsibilities required of the post holder. The post holder and line manager will be included in any discussions to update the job description and it is our aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible Phoenix Natural Gas Ltd reserves the right to insist on changes to your job description after consultation with you.