The Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective service:
* The completion of capital project business cases in line with the Treasury Green Book and NIGEA (Northern Ireland Guide to Expenditure Appraisal) guidance.
* To present expenditure and costing options for individual capital projects and, through appraisal of both monetary and non-monetary benefits, identify preferred solutions.
* To work with Technical Experts within Planning and Corporate Affairs, Finance and Performance Management and other Directorates in the correlation of data critical to capital project business case preparation.
* To liaise with the Capital Accountant in the preparation of budget estimates, cash flows, feasibility studies, comparative cost studies, cost plans, cost checks and whole life cycle costings for capital projects and in monitoring expenditure.
* To maintain a library of cost information for use on projects.
* Responsible for Health and Safety aspects as set out in the Health and Safety Policy.
* The promotion and support of the principles and practices of all aspects of fairness at work in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Policy.
* Such other duties as may be allocated and interchange of duties as required.
* To effectively manage the attendance of staff within the established procedures and to meet any attendance targets set by the Service.
* To observe any guidance issued under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Hours of work: 36.25 hours (Monday- Friday 9am- 5pm)
* Relevant recent experience in the last 3 years in the development and preparation of Economic Business Cases/Appraisals (greater than £250,000.00) in line with Treasury NIGEA guidance.
* Candidate will be expected to present evidence of at least 3 Economic Appraisals they have completed in the last 3 years.
* A degree in economics or Finance or other relevant Business Degree qualifications or equivalent professional qualifications.
* Clean current Driving Licence.
* Rates of pay - £19.01 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.