Temporary - 3 Months
The Client: Local Public Sector body based in Omagh
- To deliver high quality museum education experiences.
- To support the Education Officer in the development of the education programme, assisting with the creation of curriculum based learning experiences
- To support the Education Officer in the development of informal learning programmes for children and families
- Seek opportunities to deploy museum collections and resources in new and innovative ways, bringing museum collections to life with engaging and 'hands on' programming.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement within the team and support the evaluation of education programmes.
- To ensure that all logistical planning for learning / engagement events is undertaken.
- Maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of the NI curriculum.
- Undertake Safeguarding activities and ensure full compliance with National Museums NI's Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- Work with colleagues across the site to ensure that our museums are safe and welcoming community spaces as well as stimulating and vibrant environments which engage people of all ages and abilities.
- Work with curatorial and audience engagement colleagues to interpret and animate collections and ensure that the learning and engagement needs of audiences are met.
Hours of work: Part Time - hours to be confirmed
- A primary degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of 1 years' experience in the delivery of curriculum based learning or engagement programmes in a museum context.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in the delivery of curriculum based learning or engagement programmes in a museum context.
- Experience of working with groups with a variety of ages and abilities.
- Experience of engagement with schools and / or community groups.
- Experience of understanding and meeting the needs of new and diverse audiences.
- Experience of logistical planning for education or engagement events.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- A full driving licence and access to a car.
- Rates of pay £27,845 per annum pro rata
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.