Band 3 Education management administrative officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Pay Per Hour: £11.11
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To provide administrative support within the Education Management Team at NIMDTA. The Northern Ireland Medical and Dental Training Agency (NIMDTA) is an Arm's Length Body sponsored by the Department of Health to train postgraduate medical and dental professionals for Northern Ireland. It commissions, promotes and oversees postgraduate medical and dental education and training throughout Northern Ireland. It works in close partnership with local education providers to ensure that the training and supervision of trainees support the delivery of high quality safe patient care. It recognises and trains clinical and educational supervisors and selects, appoints, trains and develops educational leaders for foundation, core and specialty medical and dental training programmes throughout NI. It also supports the career development of general medical practitioners and the requirements for revalidation through the management and delivery of GP appraisal.
- Provide high quality routine administrative support to individual departments ensuring the effective operation of systems and procedures. This may include, but is not limited to, using email, telephone and face-to-face contact as methods of communication.
- Assist in the administration and implementation of administrative systems within the departments.
- Gather, collate and process documents and information as required.
- Manage the administration of the office ensuring a continual high standard of service is provided to all staff, customers, members of the public and suppliers.
- To act as the first point of contact in respect of telephone, email and face to face enquiries to the relevant department, and provide advice where appropriate.
- Effectively prepare reports, documents and proposals for senior staff within the department as well as supplying advice and assistance as required.
- Provide high level service to all stakeholders.
- Attend and take notes / minutes / action points at meetings as required of the role.
- Continually seek to improve the service delivered within the department by committing to attend personal development training, demonstrating a team work ethic and embracing change.
A department specific job description will be provided on commencement to the post.
1a. 5 GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths, Grades A* - C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR Higher Qualification
1b. 18 months relevant experience.
*2. One year's experience in the last 3 years of working with Microsoft Office. This must include excel and word
*Relevant experience is defined as working in an administrative office environment providing high quality routine administrative support
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.