Education Support Work
Education Support Worker (Female for Specific Needs) for 2 days per week Mon & Tue 9am-3pm - Magherafelt - Immediate Start
Must be Enhanced Access NI Cleared
To act as an advocate for students who may have a learning difficulty or disability
To participate, as required, in staff development training and performance reviews within the Unit
To ensure that an appropriate level of service is available and accessible across all campuses, and is maintained throughout the calendar year and College day.
To undertake duties, as appropriate, in support of the wider Support and Development Directorate.
To ensure that students who have a learning need find the service effective and efficient and is consistent across the College
To contribute to the Student Support Operational Plan and to the College Development Plan
To act as a reader, scribe, note-taker
- GCSE English Language at Grade C or above, or Key/Essential Skills Level 2 in Communications.
- GCSE Mathematics and Grade C or above or Key/Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy.
- City & Guilds Level 4 Certificate in Further Education Teaching, or equivalent Level 4 qualification or higher.
- Proven record of contributing to the development and implementation of education support strategies, policies and procedures.
- Proven experience in the delivery of a high quality provision of education support.
- Proven track record of working as part of, or leading a team.
- Proven ability to use IT.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed targets.