Electrical Building Services Design Engineer
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Electrical Building Services Design Engineer to start ASAP for a duration of approx 6 Months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £10.00per hour
13+ week's £15.87per hour
Location: Belfast, BT3
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- A BTEC/Higher National Certificate in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, gained within the last 7 years, in the production of electrical building services designs typically found in non-domestic buildings
The successful agency worker will report to a Higher Professional & Technical Officer (HPTO) within Property Services Division of PSD/CPD, in the provision of various aspects of electrical building services including building services design input, to Government Departments, Agencies and the wider public sector.
The post holder will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team of Architects, Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Engineers. The post holders will be required to carry out a variety of activities such as:
- Feasibility, design and contract managing the installation of electrical building services micro/small works projects (up to a value of £500k);
- Advising clients on a variety of building services related issues including planned preventative maintenance, building energy management and sustainable development;
- Liaising with other professional and technical staff in the Branch and with client representatives to effectively maintain the client's property estate to ensure satisfactory use for intended purpose and value for money;
- Liaising with external call-off consultant teams appointed under framework contracts to aid delivery of PSD/CPD services for clients;
- Maintaining unit performance and client delivery in compliance with all statutory, health and safety, policy, good practice requirements and associated guidance;
- Compliance with public sector procurement policy;
- Operation of energy monitoring and targeting systems;
- Providing support to Contract Management Team.
- Remote-split office/home working potential
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**