- Interpretation of consultant drawings & specifications.
- Development of new products and components.
- Prepare submittal documentation for projects and meet with customers to discuss project requirements and review submittals.
- Design of controls and protection for generators, motors and related equipment.
- Specification and requisition of components and services.
- Create bill of materials.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Sales Departments.
- Receives general direction but exercises discretion as to personal work details. Plan and execute as needed to accomplish assigned individual tasks to meet expectations (cost, quality, delivery). Assumes responsibility of all assigned work.
- Work as a member of a project team, maintain project schedule, attend project meetings, and keep electrical manager informed of status, and complete required project metrics and design documentation.
- Assist with product testing and/or evaluation when appropriate.
- Remain current in technology developments and industry standards.
- Assist with the development and updating of procedures, design guides and instruction manuals.
Skills and Experience - Essential:
- A Degree, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline and 4 years relevant experience,
- (Lower academic qualifications may be considered if extensive experience in a relevant product development role, e.g. design, test, commissioning, etc can be demonstrated).
- Experience of product development with a sound technical background and a good knowledge of current engineering design practice.
- Experience in the use of ePlan, AutoCad, or similar design packages.
- Knowledge of electrical installation standards, industrial controls, MCCs and switchboards is advantageous.
- Ability to work with others
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good initiative
- Flexible to meet the time demands of the position and business.
The above reflects the main elements associated with the position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.