The role will involve working closely with our senior staff to provide electrical estimates. You will collect and analyse quotes from suppliers and subcontractors to obtain the complete package pricing and qualification information and prepare tenders.
You will be responsible for assessing costs on a variety of projects ensuring that the costs of high value projects fall within the budget and also be commercially aware of profits and cost management
- Scrutinise, interpret, and analyse tender documents and client specifications to identify key points. MV and HV experience in this area would be an advantage.
- Prepare client quotations, often with a fast turn around
- Liaise with the enquirer in a professional, yet speedy manner, to ensure that both external client and internal staff expectations are met and exceeded
- Produce clear and accurate costing sheets
- Negotiate with multiple suppliers & specialist subcontractors to produce a competitive pricing framework agreement and achieve the best possible cost savings
- Work alongside Contract Management Teams to develop relationships with both our existing and new prospective clients.
- Understand and scrutinise the project specifications and design drawings
- Evaluate tenders by reviewing and completing the tender forms and ensure they are within the given specifications
- Value engineer projects to add value
- Prepare and issue of tenders in line with the tender documentations provided
- Obtain estimates and prices from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients and sub-contractors.
- Implement processes in-line with company procedures and ISO standards to improve efficiency and transparency of information
- Follow up tenders and assist with securing projects.
- Trade backround with a good understanding of electrical components
- Degree Educated in Electrical Engineering or a related subject
- Minimum 5 years Estimating experience ideally within the M&E Sector
- Knowledge and Ability to comprehend electrical specifications and schematics/ drawings
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial Awareness
- Positive "can do" attitude
- Pro-active, flexible and approachable
- Reactive and able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines