|Published||2 months ago|
|Contact email||Tracey Bell|
Estates Service in Antrim Area Hospital (NHSCT) would like to seek a Band 4 agency electrician for approx. 6-12 months (possibility longer).
- Undertake unsupervised electrical and/or electronic maintenance work related to training and/or experience and understand fully the interrelationship between the various maintenance crafts.
- Show a high level of flexibility including performing a wide range of work of other crafts.
- Use relevant tools and equipment to undertake work on the electrical,electronic and mechanical systems in Trust buildings.
- Manufacture, assemble, erect and install new electrical work as required.
- Undertake training, where necessary, to learn new techniques.
- Diagnose and repair faults in electronic, electrical and mechanical plant and equipment; and pass on knowledge to others.
- Ensure compliance with all written and verbal instructions in accordance with The Health & Safety at Work (1978) NI Order.
- Provide attendance and a maintenance service on all plant and equipment Within the Trust as directed.
- Carry out a given programme of work including planned preventative Maintenance, new work, repairs and emergency breakdowns as required.
- Carry out all emergency repairs as directed and provide when necessary a 24 hour, 7 day per week emergency service.
- Carry out testing of new/existing installations as laid down in the current Edition of the Institute of Electrical Engineers Regulations.
- Carry out testing of portable appliances to meet the standards set out in the Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Maintain, test and service emergency standby generators as required.
- Advise the Maintenance Supervisor on equipment which is beyond economic repair and/or unsafe.
- Interpret and work from instructions, drawings and specifications without Supervision.
- Participate, at least annually in a review with your line manager for guidance on personal development and identification of further training, where Appropriate.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time by a Senior Officer.
- These duties may include assistance with work being undertaken by other disciplines and the operation of plant/process normally undertaken by others.