Emergency Department Support Officer
Emergency Department Support Officer
Temporary administrative officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: Royal Victoria Hospital
Hours: Rota (explained below)
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will work as an integral part of the Department's Multidisciplinary Team to provide support in meeting the needs of all patients who attend. The post holder will be required to work closely with providers of support services.
The main elements of the role include providing a high level of clerical support, hospitality, minor maintenance, stores and general tidiness. He/she will undertake other duties as required to ensure the department is welcoming, efficient, comfortable, and meets the needs of individual patients
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide an effective customer service
- Meet and greet patients on arrival to the Department in a professional and courteous manner and provide any relevant information required
- Communicate effectively within the multidisciplinary team, ensuring that patient's needs are known
- Contribute to maintaining a safe, clean and tidy environment, which includes monitoring the environment and equipment
- Ensure patients are kept informed of any delays in their treatment, admission or discharge.
- Ensure effective participation in the patient liaison process including effective management of the complaints process
- Ensure the Department has sufficient stocks to meet patient and staff needs.
- Respect the privacy and dignity of patients whilst carrying out their duties.
- Answer phones and patient enquiries promptly
- Photocopying of ED notes for admitted patients
- Ensure that hospital notes are brought to relevant patients and sent back to reception if patient has been discharged
- Ensure that requests for blood collection are followed up if they haven't been collected (includes checking the chute for bloods which have not been sent)
- Reporting problems with the pneumatic tube to Dispatch
- Inform the IT dept if any problems with printers or the IT system and reporting any problems as urgent
- Take details of patients who arrive by ambulance
- Get admission forms for patients.
This job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances but would be in discussion with the post holder
1.4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English or English Language (excluding English Literature) and Maths1 or equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role
2 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word, or equivalent.
- Ability to work as part of a Team
- Ability to use own initiative
- Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload.
- Effective Communications skills to meet the needs of the post in full
Rota Below -
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
08:00 - 14:00
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.