Emergency Gas Service Engineer
To provide the 24/7 first response gas emergency service in line with agreed standards and safety procedures. The jobholder will also be involved with the installation, repair and exchange of meters and other Phoenix Natural Gas (PNG) assets.
* Safely provide 24/7 first response gas emergency service in line with PNG & PES standard operating procedures and regulated standards of service.
* Undertake after-hour standby duties as per the programmed rota.
* Undertake all gas work in line with ACS, IGEM and all other relevant standards, in a safe and productive manor.
* Provide updates on all work-related activities as required including documentation of all gas work undertaken and any unsafe situations encountered.
* Account and document all assets, materials and parts utilised in allocated activities.
* Maintain company provided vehicle, tools, equipment and PPE in good working order; reporting defects, accidents or loss when encountered.
* Comply with all HSE requirements of the business in order to maintain personal and public safety.
* Deliver a first-class customer service at all times, promote and sell the products & services offered by PES and PNG.
* Maintain knowledge and experience by taking part in on-going training and development.
* Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives.
* Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
* Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
* Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- ACS - CCN1
- NVQ in gas installation and maintenance or plumbing or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 1 years' post apprenticeship experience in domestic gas utilisation and/or heating & plumbing including diagnostics.
- Relevant IT Skills
- Professional and flexible approach
- Full UK Driving licence.
Desirable:Additional ACS Appliance qualification e.g MET1, REGT1 and/or gas appliance service & maintenance experience