Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking an Employability Officer on behalf of their client a community organisation and registered charity helping to empower people to make positive changes to improve their lives based in Belfast.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 9am-4.30pm
This role is to provide a work placement support service to young people who require support whilst participating on the Training for Success and/or Apprenticeships NI Programme as agreed with the Disability Support Services (DSS) coordinator. This role may involve the post holder to work outside normal working hours to include weekends and evenings.
- Organise work placements and support students in the work placement process.
- Prepare students for interviews/introductory meetings with potential new employers and accompany them to these
- Prepare students for their first day on placement to ensure they know what is expected of them and what they can do to make the right start.
- Organise and attend placement visits to monitor the progress of students and deal effectively with any issues/concerns that arise.
- Assist the DSS coordinator with the monitoring and evidencing of progress against the Performance Targets set.
- Provide monthly updates to the DSS coordinator on the young person's progress.
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working in an education environment.
- High level of organisational and planning skills.
Please note only candidates who meet the essential criteria will be considered.