Employment Engagement Officer
To provide a work placement support service to young people who require support whilst participating on the Training for Success or Apprenticeships NI Programme as agreed with the Disability Support Services Co-ordinator.
Various locations - P/T or F/T - £12.50ph
GCSEs or Essential Skills in Maths & English. Consideration will be give to those candidates who may have similar qualifications.
· Have experience of working with young people or adults with mild, moderate or severe learning difficulties, physical disabilities and / or long term medical conditions in an educational or training settings.
Skills / Experience
· Ability to actively listen and relate to participants in an empathetic manner, valuing their views, experience and recognise their strengths.
· Ability to develop a good rapport with participants and use effective interpersonal skills.
· Support participant with confidence and/or anxiety issues in a one-to-one setting.
· Excellent interpersonal skills particularly communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent organisational skills with a good ability to navigate the MS Office Suite.
· Excellent numeracy/literacy skills.
· Respect for diversity as you will be working with participants from a range of backgrounds.
· Access to own car is essential.
· Organise work placements. Source and support work placements and support participants whilst on work placement.
· Prepare participants for introductory meetings/interviews with potential new employers and accompany them to these meetings.
· Prepare participants for their first day on placement to ensure they know what is expected of them and what they can do to make the right start.
· Organise and attend placement visits to monitor the progress of participants and deal effectively with any issues/concerns that arise.
· Provide monthly updates to the DSS Co-ordinator on the participants progress.
· Maintain a confidential and effective system for processing and maintaining all internal documentation.
The key job duties listed above give a broad outline of the functions of the role. However, these duties must be approached in a flexible manner. The job holder will be expected to adapt to changing circumstances and undertake other duties as allocated by your Manager. The outline of the job duties may change from time to time.