Energy Statistics Support Role - Data Management Expert
Our Public sector Client has an immediate requirement for a specialist support of statistics collection & reporting.
Requirement / Business needs
Integrating of new CSO Business Energy Use Survey into Energy Balance
- Quality control check on integration of business energy use survey into energy balance
- Develop statistical processes for new EU reporting regulations on energy use in industry
- Updating processes to align with latest EU/Eurostat requirements
The role requires monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, & annual cycles of data collection, data entry, questionnaire completion & National Energy Balance development. Crucially at each stage of the year a new resource will have to be inducted, a new set of processes required, outputs checked & supervised by the data expert. You will enable delivery of additional work (items 1 - 4 as above).
- Manage relationships with key data sources & institutions.
- Gather assemble & process data to populate databases & disseminate results.
- Develop, build & maintain a comprehensive database on energy demand, energy supply, energy prices & other factors that influence energy consumption patterns.
- Respond to energy questionnaires, particularly where it fulfils a national or international obligation such as EU Energy Statistics Regulation (including annual questionnaires - International Energy Agency, EUROSTAT).
- Prepare & publish, national energy balance in a timely fashion.
- Generate & publish reports as required for bodies such as the Department of Communications, Climate Action & Environment, Environment Protection Agency, Eurostat & the International Energy Agency.
- Identify data gaps & develop data procurement mechanisms.
- Support the Authority's programmes
Knowledge & skills required Inlc. but not limited to:
- Energy sector knowledge or statistical methods knowledge essential.
- Knowledge & experience of database design, maintenance, querying and report generation a distinct advantage (good knowledge of SQL or equivalent essential).
- A proactive approach in objective setting, project tracking and driving for timeliness, quality & clarity of results and to operate with little guidance on project deliverables.
- An ability to build & maintain positive relationships with data suppliers and to ensure good co-operation from data suppliers.
- An appreciation of the need for best practice in data gathering, processing, analysis and presentation and an appreciation of statistical methods.
- Ability to identify changes required in order to increase efficiencies in data management
- Excellent technical ability in terms of information management and report writing skills coupled with an understanding of the need for accuracy and rigour in data collection and management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in addition to good organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly in a small team responding to needs as they arise.
- Web publishing skills, would also be an advantage.
- Degree and/or equivalent professional qualification in computer science, information technology or statistics is essential.
- Significant experience of managing large scale complex databases requiring best in class expertise & state of the art methodologies.
- Successful track record of analysing substantial, multi-faceted data & creating clear, concise reporting to a range of stakeholders
- Track record in building & maintaining good relationships with external clients.