Temporary Enforcement Manager required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £22.73 per hour
Location: Cecil Ward Building, Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To assist the City Protection Manager in the development and delivery of the service's Enforcement policy relating to waste, litter, dog control, and associated issues.
- To represent the City Protection Manager
- To manage and supervise all operational work of staff geographically dispersed, including developing work programmes, assigning work, project management, monitoring workload, reviewing and distributing incoming correspondence and approving leave
- To manage activities in relation to statutory duties ensuring all proper procedures are followed and any required administration is completed in a timely and accurate manner - includes the issuing of statutory notices and relevant Fixed Penalty Notices, the vetting of outputs including letters, notices, legal briefs, reports and Court Summonses in liaison with the Quality and Business Support Section
- To manage the performance of staff by ensuring the setting of individual work objectives that are consistent with unit and service priorities and by monitoring progress against those plans
- To keep under review all relevant legislation and to formulate responses on all relevant consultation documents and to develop policy and procedures relating to legislative requirements on behalf of the service and department
- To manage the development of staff by supporting them in the development of personal development plans and monitoring progress against those plans
- To ensure that staff in the service are kept informed of changes in legislation or policies as they relate to their duties and to ensure that the necessary administration and operational arrangements and procedures are conducted
- To develop and implement systems for monitoring service delivery by overseeing the production, collation and analysis of relevant performance data and to produce reports on the work of the enforcement teams which provide explanations for deviations in performance and to make recommendations for improvement
- To assist the City Protection Manager in the preparation and delivery of Service business plans and produce performance reports
- To take responsibility for the health and safety of staff within the various sections and for any members of the public who may from time to time be affected
- To set up and maintain close working relationships with elected members and the communities they represent
- To foster and develop relationships with local and national media to ensure the most effective and economical publicity and coverage of projects, initiatives, trials and schemes undertaken and to undertake interviews and make media appearances
- To establish and develop links with internal and external stakeholders and to represent the service
- To manage and monitor the enforcement section budget and resources in accordance with the policies, so as to ensure that financial objectives are met within budgets.
- To monitor IT performance and identify any developments needed to ensure the effective administration of the unit
- To identify, manage and implement continuous improvement projects within the unit
- To deal with corporate complaints or complaints emanating from the Enforcement teams
- Applicants must have a full, current driving licence that allows them to drive in Northern Ireland and a car available for business
- Hold a relevant third level qualification in Environmental Health, Waste Management, Law, Regulatory Services or equivalent qualification
- Be able to demonstrate by providing specific examples at least two years relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- management of service delivery operations including responsibility for budget and human resource management
- managing a diverse and unionised operational workforce
- management of legislative enforcement for an organisation ensuring that statutory duties and relevant legislation or policy are adhered to
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.