Enforcement Officer - FT and PT Role available
The Client: Local Government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
- To carry out the full range of enforcement, investigative, educational, promotional, consultative and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of the Environmental Services Department in accordance with any departmental work programmes which exist as required by the Senior Enforcement Officer
- To provide information and assistance to members of the public, elected representatives and various statutory and non-statutory bodies. Participate in partnerships at a local and regional level aimed at tackling health inequalities and improving health and well-being within the community.
- To be responsible for a Council vehicle, maintain it in a clean condition, complete the daily vehicle check and report any mechanical faults to the Senior Enforcement Officer.
- To carry out the duties of the post in line with operational instructions and guidance.
- To ensure the collection, receipt and custody of all monies due in line with Council financial procedures.
FT Role: 37.00 hours per week
PT Role: 21.15 hours per week
Qualifications and Experience
1.1 Applicants must have five GCSE's (Grade A-C) including English, or equivalent qualifications
1.2 Applicants must be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have a minimum of 1 years relevant experience of working in a field of dog control and/ or Enforcement experience in each of the following areas:
- Control and handling of dogs
- Managing contentious situations
- Communicating with individual members of the public.
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1.1 above, they must have 2 GCSE's (Grade A-C including English) and demonstrate a minimum of 3 years' experience as above.
- An ability to make effective use of IT systems and software packages and appropriate specialised programmes
- A thorough understanding of the legislation relating to the post
- An awareness of political sensitivities and the ability to maintain an unbiased approach approach and a positive public relation image.
A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car, or
Have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post. Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Rate of Pay: £13.18 p/hr - increase in pay if weekend/overtime work is carried out
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.