Staffline Recruitment are seeking an "Engineer Manager" for our client based in Monaghan. This is an exciting opportunity for one individual to join an award-winning organisation that is rapidly expanding.
Reporting to the operation director you will be responsible for managing the engineering function within the business, assume responsibility for the research and design of technical projects and related procurement activity, ensuring efficient and high standard of quality of services to the customer.
- Record and carry out machine and plant maintenance checks and service routines
- Stay up to date with changes in legislation around engineering practices
- Report and communicate with production manager to maximise machine and production process efficiency
- Source and stock critical parts whilst paying close attention to budgets and cost
- Manage engineering team members to ensure all work is carried out to a high standard and within an acceptable time frame
- Sign off and inspect utility bills on an ongoing basis with an overall view to reduce such costs, energy management control
Ensure 24hr cover is in place to provide assistance to production
- Manage external contractors and ensure they meet Health & Safety requirements
- Obtain quotes for works and services contracts
- Manage and implement projects and new machine installations
- Assist with EI and EPA grant aid and prepare submissions for audits
- Maintain, develop and continuously improve the quality of the products
- Ensure compliance with all relevant specifications, standards and safety regulations.
- Regularly review project progress and costings in order to identify deviations or opportunities for savings
- Carry out duties in such a manner as to comply with the Health & Safety Policy of the company, including:
- Taking reasonable care for your own safety & that of others
- Arriving for work free from any intoxicant
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment where applicable
- Not engaging in improper conduct or behaviour
- Reporting known defects
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfering with or misuse equipment
- Participating in health & safety training provided
- Assist with on-the-job training and development of staff as required
- Take appropriate action to maintain or improve relationships with all customers
- You are required to use your best endeavours to promote the best interests of the Company and abide by the rules, policies and procedures of the Company
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined by management
- 2/3 years in a similar environment.
- Relevant related discipline.
- It would be ideal for the candidate to have a full clean driver licence as well as a car but it is not necessary.
If you have any interest in this role please apply today or contact Tara.firstname.lastname@example.org.