Our client, a leading manufacturing company, has a vacancy for an Engineering Manager at their site in Co Cavan.
The company has been operating since the 1970's and they are an integral part of the larger group. They are constantly evolving through technical innovation, and they are now at the forefront of providing pioneering, cost effective, construction solutions designed to meet the needs of any construction project.
As the Engineering Manager, you will be required to carry out a variety of duties to include;
- Ensure there is a system in place for a structured maintenance program of all machinery, thermoforming tooling and utilities and preventative maintenance schedules are followed and completed;
- Ensure the training and development program for Maintenance / Electrical Engineers and Apprentices is implemented effectively;
- Support the roll out of skills development programme in the Engineering department;
- Weekly reporting on team KPIs identifying and addressing key issues;
- Provision of technical support and general maintenance of the site;
- Identifying process improvement opportunities to improve machine availability & efficiency.
- To ensure continuous operation of all factory utility systems;
- Ensure capital investment programmes within the engineering function are fully researched and delivered on time and within budget
- Manage the engineering department operating expense budget and ensure high standards of management with regard to spare parts and inventory
- Adherence to Company policies & procedures and ensure health & safety practices are followed;
- To plan coordinate and monitor workplace activities for Maintenance / Electrical engineers and apprentices;
Hours of work:
- Mon - Thurs 8am - 5.30pm, Fri 8am - 4pm
- 42hrs per week
The successful Engineering Manager, will possess the following
- Qualified time served Mechanical or Electrical Fitter with relevant experience within a similar manufacturing environment
- Experience and knowledge in the implementation of Lean, 5S, Kaizen, Six Sigma and other Quality frameworks and a confirmed desire to continuously improve own knowledge, skills and qualifications in Lean Manufacturing principles is desirable
- Strong people management skills are essential
- Must demonstrate a flexible attitude
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative achieve targets and prioritise workload
- Be able to meet the physical and health requirements of the role
- Have strong communication skills and be computer literate
- Excellent salary
- Bonus after 6 months
- Free parking
- Pension and life cover
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1986, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una by clicking the button and applying with your up to date CV