Engineering Manager - Retail
Staffline are recruiting for an exciting opportunity with a leading FMCG Client based in Cookstown. If you are seeking a new opportunity with a growing company that has had significant investment please do not hesitate to get in touch.
You will optimise the manufacturing performance of the equipment within retail factory by leading your team to deliver an effective maintenance service. You will take responsibility and accountability for managing both preventative and reactive maintenance within this area. The role includes people management and cost reporting and working in conjunction with other departments to implement continuous improvement initiatives. You will ensure machine compliance with all health and safety, food safety and environmental guidelines within the retail factory
- Co-ordinating daily maintenance tasks.
- Assume overall responsibility for day-to-day management of the team. This will include management of holidays, performance management, absence management, training etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of work carried out is maintained at the highest possible standard and compliant with site quality requirements.
- Attend daily production meetings to provide maintenance plan updates and dealing with current issues.
- Ongoing ownership, development and implementation of Planned Maintenance Strategy for Dunman Retail Factory (both internal resource and external contractors) to ensure minimal unplanned downtime occurs, and root cause analysis of reoccurring issues.
- Accountable for retail plant and equipment compliance for Food Safety, Health & Safety, and Environmental Legislation (e.g. Contractor management, permit issuing), ensuring area is audit ready.
- Development and management of team skills and training requirements and ensure effective delivery.
- Work closely with Production team to improve line efficiencies and optimise machine settings to minimise product waste.
- Set a professional standard for the engineering team in conduct, behaviours, and quality of work expected.
- Ensure that all planned maintenance records and relevant documents control are accurate and up to date.
- Weekly reporting on team KPIs identifying and addressing key issues.
- Provision of technical support and general maintenance of the site.
- Manage the retail maintenance department budget spend and ensure high standards of management about spare parts and inventory.
- Provide cover as required for other engineering managers.
- To perform any other duties as requested by line management.
Specific Skills and Experience
- Third level qualification in relevant engineering degree OR time served electrical/mechanical, ideally multiskilled with minimum of 5 years' recent relevant industrial experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to supervise and lead an engineering function;
- Excellent people management and development skills, with a positive, can-do attitude coupled with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Confident individual with good communication skills both written and verbal, and have the ability and skill set to develop and support the team.
- Must have a high degree of computer literacy to include Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and ideally CMMS such as Pirhana.
- The drive to be able to make an immediate impact in this area.
- A flexible approach
- Previous experience of leading or supervising a team.
- Experience of working within FMCG industry.
- Knowledge and training certification of Food safety and H and S Legislation.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will work 1 in 4 weekends having 2 alternative days off during the week
If you would like to discuss the role confidentially please contact Grace Fleming on 028 25642699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org