Environmental Health & Safety Advisor
Our client, a well-established M&E contractor who is a leader in their field is seeking an EHS Advisor. This is a permanent position with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
As an EHS Advisor, you will coordinate all EHS Matters within various Project Management Teams and report constructively all EHS matters to the Project Manager. Under the direction of the EHS Manager, the EHS Advisor will be responsible for providing support to the Project Managers, supervisors and workers. The role may require to be positioned on a project full time or working on various projects. This role requires frequent travel between projects and may require overnight stays.
- Provide advice, guidance, support and instruction in all EHS matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
- Provide leadership through good example. Be proactive in all matters concerning the role.
- Identify training needs, report requirements to project team and carry out training as required.
- Audit and inspect projects, agree and prepare achievable corrective and preventive action plans towards compliance to and continual improvement of the EHS on the project.
- Report on business EHS risks, KPIs and trends accurately with data and recommend constructive actions towards continuous improvements.
- Ensure incidents are reported and investigations are carried out in a thorough and professional manner in order to identify root causes and corrective and preventive action plans.
- Ensure that Site EHS Plans, RAMS and other associated site documents are updated and compliant with statutory and other requirements and that they are reviewed on a continuous basis.
- 5+ Years' Experience. Knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and CSA preferably.
- Diploma to NFQ 8 in Occupational H&S. Certificate to NFQ 6 Environmental Management. Safe Pass,Train the Trainer, First Aid, Training Instructor.
- Internal ISO14000 and ISO45000 system auditor.
- Experience with the Construction Regulations and CDM roles, with experience working with sub-contractors.
- Experience with EHS Management Systems, safety schemes and tendering e.g. ISOs, Achilles, SSiPs etc.
- Excellent communication skills, through presentations, reports, written and verbal.
- Ability to work well within strict deadlines.
- Ability to be able to prepare Audits and EHS reports, to a high standard.
- Up to date with Legislation, Standards, Guidance, Advice and Compliance.
- Ability to lead and coordinate incident investigations and utilise root cause analysis.
- IOSH Member or Equivalent.
You will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a company committed to developing talent and rewarding performance. Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations!
Why use Staffline? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact 091423293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button